Acid Express is available in our Eads 003 and Eads 014 classrooms.
- From Programs, open ACID 3.0
- With your mouse, click the circle (Record button)
- In the Record Dialogue box, you may name your recording and browse to the folder you wish to save it in ( My documents, for example). When you are ready to begin the recording, click Start. When you are done recording, click Stop.
Note: This file will be yours. It will be the first of two files you create. The will be very large and will only play in the ACID program.
- Your recording will appear as wavy lines in the window. Any additional recordings will appear in rows below this. Note: To delete a track, click once in the rectangle to the left of the blue lines to select it and then hit the delete key on the keyboard.
- When you are happy with your Project File, the next step is to make a smaller, more universal file such as .mp3, .wmp (windows media player), or . rm (real media). To do this, go to the File menu and choose Render As
- From the Render As window, you may choose where you want the rendered file to save (your disk, for example), what to name it, and what file type you would like.
Note: The only types that will work in Arts & Sciences Computing facilities are those listed in the step above. It is not possible to save as .pca or .wav with our version of the software.
- Click Save. A progress box will show you when rendering is complete.
Note: If you are prompted to buy the full version of the software , click Close and verify that you have selected .mp3, .wmp, or . rm as the file type in the Render As window. Click Save again.
Below is an illustration of several recording files in a folder. The top three are all .mp3 files. The bottom two users did not choose .mp3 as their file type. In some cases, the instructor will have asked for a specific file type, so be aware of what extension is on your file after rendering. You can always go back to the Project File and render a second time if needed.