What is a Primary Contact?
In addition to successfully completing the A&S website training course in Canvas, there are other responsibilities and expectations that go along with being a primary web contact for a department, center, or group.
- As the primary contact, you are responsible for the content quality and management of your website. This includes:
- Make regular updates and check the website for out-of-date content
- Add articles, events, and profiles for new employees in a timely manner.
- Prompt faculty and staff for website updates
- Ensure the content you are adding meets accessibility standards
- Make seasonal changes to the site as recommended in emails from the communications department
- Have an account in SiteImprove and monitor your site on a regular basis for broken links, misspellings, and other content quality issues
- You are required to stay up to date on training opportunities, changes to website features, and reading email messages from both the web and communications teams.
- You are responsible for determining who should have an account in your site. Requests to add new users to the required web training course should come from the primary contact and be sent to email@example.com .
- Ensure other people who are editing in your site are doing good work, following best practices, and staying up to date on training.
- When a user leaves the department or should no longer have access to the website, you are responsible for notifying the web team so we can disable their account. Reminders for this will be sent out periodically.